[Dixielandjazz] Squirrel Nut Zippers have returned!

domitype . domitype at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 00:37:19 EDT 2016

For all that remember this unusual band that mixes old jazz, swing, novelty
music, klezmer, Delta Blues, etc. with an edge - well, they have re-formed
and are on a national tour. I saw them this afternoon at the Sausalito Art
Fest and it was a great show!

Only a few of the original members are back, but their replacements come
from some of the best young NOLA bands around - and the female lead singer
is none other than Ingrid Lucia (formerly with her group The Flying
Neutrinos.) They also have added a truly crazy jazz/klez fiddler and banjo
player who goes by the name of  "Dr. Sick" (Justin Carr.) He reminds me a
bit of Stuff Smith musically and he also dances all over the stage while
playing - just amazing!

Anyway, they are on an extensive USA tour, there is a venue list at
snzippers.com but not much else is on that website yet. There is a video of
some of their show from a few days ago here <https://youtu.be/zSwIotiUqPQ> -
they promise that a new album will be released soon.

 David Richoux

https://youtu.be/zSwIotiUqPQ