[Dixielandjazz] Article in Tulane's JAZZ ARCHIVIST journal

Charles Suhor csuhor at zebra.net
Wed Nov 23 03:14:39 EST 2016

Below is a link to the current issue of Jazz Archivist, the periodical of the Tulane Jazz Archive. Scroll down to p.2 for the biographical sketch and early photos of my brother, Don Suhor. At the end of the article are links to three tracks of his playing from privately recorded sessions, two on clarinet and one on alto sax.

Don was the opposite of a self-promoter, so I was glad to write about his background and contributions for the Tulane publication. One error of note—the bassist with the Amy Sharpe Trio, pictured and on the Petit Fleur track, is Al Bernard, not Don Bernard.

Let me know if the link doesn’t connect you to the article.

Charlie

https://jazz.tulane.edu/sites/default/files/jazz/docs/jazz_archivist/Jazz_Archivist_vol29_2016.pdf#CharlesSuhor