[Dixielandjazz] "I'll leave no stone unturned"

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Fri May 27 19:25:18 EDT 2016

Dick Baker wrote:
>> I am seeking the music for a tune called "I'll Leave no Stone Unturned."  I have no other information
>> about the tune, but I believe it is from the 1920s.
>> Meg and Big George
>
> For what it's worth, the only time that title appears in the copyright books is in 1953, as "I'll leave no stone unturned 'til you return to me."  Strangely, it was registered twice that year, once by a Lester Morgan Cox, then by Melvin Herman.  But it was in the "unpublished" book, meaning it was registered by the authors personally rather than by a music company.
> Do you have any info as to who might have recorded it in the 1920s?

Dear Meg and Big George.
Like my colleague Dick Baker, I was unable to find anything earlier than the 1953 copyright for "No Stone Unturned" published by Miller Music Corp., New York.
However, I did locate details of a 78 Columbia recording of "No Stone Unturned" (L. Cox - M. Herman) by Sammy Kaye made in 1953 with vocal by Jeffrey Clay & The Kaydets.
What other information do you have that prompted you to request the music?
Kind regards,
Bill.