[Dixielandjazz] List of compositions by K. O. Eckland?

Jim O'Briant jobriant at garlic.com
Fri Mar 25 14:46:41 EDT 2016

Dick Baker wrote:

> On "Live and in Choler," by the World Famous Desolation Jazz Ensemble
> and Mess Kit Repair Battalion (Clambake C213, 1979), we find
>
>         Who Dat? (Eckland)  A band original that was written for and is
dedicated
>         to Quasimodo, that legendary halfback for Notre Dame.  The former
national
>         anthem of the WFL.  K.O. also wrote a lot of Beethoven's stuff
when he
>         felt up to.
>
> But it doesn't appear that he ever copyrighted anything.

Somehow, for serious research, I don't think I'd believe anything Eckland
himself wrote about his music. He was a hilarious writer, but his uncanny
ability to blur the line between fact and fiction makes all of the above a
bit suspect.....

Jim O'Briant
Gilroy, CA
Tuba, Earl Scheelar's Zenith Jazz Band
Tuba & Leader, The Zinfandel Stompers Vintage Jazz Band