[Dixielandjazz] Request for information ("Let's All Go Down to New Orleans?"). Take -2

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Mon Mar 21 00:57:42 EDT 2016

Dear Phil and Listmates.

Regarding my last email.
I wrote [in part]:

> The LP was recorded  in April 1975 and, in the notes by Harlan Wood, mention in made that, "Come To New Orleans, a new tune which will take its place beside the old favorite 'Bourbon Street Parade."
> However, Papa French sings, "Why Don't Ya'll Go to New Orleans" throughout.

I intended, but omitted to mention, that the reference in the quote above to "Come To New Orleans, a new tune..." is correct, notwithstanding that the actual tune title given on the disc and in the tune list on the LP cover is "Go To New Orleans".
As is the title of the LP album.
No wonder everyone gets the tune title wrong.
Kind regards,
Bill.