[Dixielandjazz] Keswick Jazz Festival - was Support Live Jazz

Ken Mathieson ken at kenmath.free-online.co.uk
Tue Jul 19 19:16:48 EDT 2016

Hi Marek et al,

Thanks for the kind words about my Classic Jazz Orchestra's set at
Keswick. I'm afraid the lunchtime set in the theatre is a real
*graveyard* slot - most visitors are either eating lunch or strolling
around town and dropping in on the many other gigs going on at the same
time. Throw in a day of perfect sunshine and there's less incentive to
make the trek out to the theatre. Having said all that, we enjoyed the
gig although the lack of atmosphere in the theatre prevents that magical
two-way exchange of energy between band and audience. I'm just sorry you
didn't come up to say hello at the end of our set - it would have been
lovely to meet you - although we were under pressure to clear the stage
for the next band and I had to drive two of my guys back to Glasgow in
time for their evening gigs, so a sharp exit was called for.

Never mind, next time!

Cheers,

Ken