[Dixielandjazz] swing dancer's party

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 16:56:13 EDT 2016

Good going, Jim!
More bands should do it!  After all, the revival also started with playing
jazz for dancers, hitherto used to swing.
I was in the UK in 1964 and was flabbergasted to see dancers in all the
jazz clubs I visited.  The more prestigious ones had their dance floors
behind the chairs for listeners, others had them in front of the
bandstand.  But all catered to dancers.
Now another generation of dancers is discovering jazz, and that brings
about a spate of young bands.  A circle, but hardly vicious!
Cheers
(And cheers for the pious monks who brew great beer in Belgian and Dutch
monasteries)