[Dixielandjazz] FW: Bands with CDs

Paul Kurtz Jr phktrumpet at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 17:21:56 UTC 2016

Jim, I, too, want to thank you for your inciteful presentation. I happen to like either live music or studio music and dislike the embedded applause and such. I consider the latter to be a bit hypocritical for people who just don’t want to take the trouble to record on location.

I love the live stuff because it always brings me back to places I’ve either gone to listen to concerts or places I myself have played. I get that extra zip out of things. Yes, I know, and especially in older recordings, that some music may be partially lost, but I just try and listen harder.

For newer groups, the live performances give me a preview of what I might hear if I go and listen to them. That’s useful to me. Again, the straight studio’s fine, too, but that live stuff has a movement to it.
Paul Kurtz Jacksonville, FL