[Dixielandjazz] Help With WLM Multiple Lists

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Sat Jan 2 19:35:49 UTC 2016

Here is an exact description of a problem I am having. This is from a MS Forum.

I have a client experiencing this issue (or a closely related issue).  We've been able to track down the problem and have a 100% reproducible scenario as well as a workaround  that appears to also work consistently.  First the issue.

My client has a mailing list of roughly 80 recipients that he sends a weekly email to.  To send this email he follows the following steps.

1.  Click on New Mail

2.  Click on the "To" button in the new mail dialog to bring up his address book.

3.  Highlight the group name.

4.  Click on the "BCC" button to add the group name to the BCC list--the group name appears in bold in the list with a blue + in front of the group name.

5.  He then selects his own email and hits the "To:" button to add his name to the To list.

6.  He then hits the paperclip and attaches a file.

7.  He then hits Send.

The message appears to send and everything appears to succeed.

However, if you navigate to the Sent Items folder, you will find that there is no name or address listed under BCC (in fact, BCC isn't listed at all for the selected message).  Recipients on the BCC list do not report receiving the message.

However, making one change fixes the issue.  Add a step (4b) to the process after step 4 and before step 5.

4b.  Click on the blue + sign before the group name.  The group list is expanded and instead of seeing the list name in bold, the individual group members are all listed in the BCC box.
  -end-

My problem is that with WE, I don’t see a blue plus sign.

Any ideas?

-Bob Ringwald
rsr at ringwald.com

Proceed with steps 5-7.  This time, the sent folder shows the BCC with the list from his group and recipients report receiving the email.