[Dixielandjazz] Support live jazz

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 23:30:50 UTC 2016

Last Monday some friends and I went to hear the Isradixie Band, the most
professional jazz band in Israel.  Unfortunately, the club was about half
full only (the previous time I saw the band in that club it was mobbed).
Pity, as for the most part it was a wonderful performance!  The first part
was the usual mixture of oldies, plus "To New Orleans with Love" by the
Israeli pianist Nachum Perefikovich.  In addition, the soprano saxophonist
Jacues Sany delighted the audience with his rendition of "C'est Si Bon" and
"Champs Elysee," Paul Moore sang and played his array  of weird
"instruments" (for example - a plastic spoon and a teapot).  We were not so
keen on the band's guest singer whose name I don't remember, even though
she did swing.
The second part had the band accompanying silent films, synchronized to
perfection.  True, it didn't leave room for improvising, but was great fun.
Cheers