[Dixielandjazz] Fwd: BLISTERED HEELS

domitype . domitype at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 02:14:18 EST 2016

Jack,

As many authors and bands have found over the years, cracking the American
market is not easy! I don't subscribe to any of the print newsletters
except the one for my local Jazz Society, and I don't recall seeing
anything about your book in that monthly publication. I do read everything
posted on DJML and on the somewhat related Facebook pages - the last time
you posted anything here about your book was apparently in 2015.

Book publicity is a very tricky thing - my mother published 4 books
(including one about a young Big Band trumpet player called "The Stardust
Kid" ) - she never sold a lot of them, but that is the way the industry
goes. It was almost optioned for a movie but there was a similar film being
produced starring Goldie Hawn at the time.

Maybe it was the title? Maybe it was the regionalism? I sure do not know.

I wish you luck on your book, I am not sure if I will be ordering a copy,
but I might.

David Richoux