[Dixielandjazz] the Complete Commodore Condon

ROBERT R. CALDER serapion at btinternet.com
Wed Sep 16 21:09:39 PDT 2015

Thanks again to Steve! My version was of course second hand, and I welcome the correction doubly, for the relaxed Condon phrasing duly notated.

The account of Wild Bill and Big Ben I heard was glossed by a reference not to kleptomania but to a fondness for collecting antiques -- a matter, I suppose, of the power and nature of that fondness.

My favourite account of a booze-up is "I met him, he was a friend of a mutual friend of ours. One night I went out drinking with them."
And?
All the informant had ever remembered of that night was that he had one night gone out to the pub with the two.

Robert
-
> From: Steve Voce <stevevoce at virginmedia.com>
> To: ROBERT R. CALDER <serapion at btinternet.com>
 On the day before Eddie  and Wild Bill had had a wild booze-up in London and what Eddie actually said when asked to sit up in bed was 'Well, I never regarded myself

as an athlete.' He was asked where Wild Bill was and said 'He's probably out unscrewing Big Ben.' (Wild Bill was a kleptomaniac). Steve Voce.