[Dixielandjazz] "The Immortal Eddie Condon"

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Sat Oct 31 17:08:46 PDT 2015

Marek Boym wrote:
> I have plenty of Eddie Condon on LP, tapes and even, perish the thought, CD.  I don't think i'll buy more, especially as I do not replace my LPs with CDs - I much prefer the former.

Dear Marek,
I do not collect tapes, but have 100s of them, uncatalogued.
I have, over the years, replaced LPs with CDs as we have a space problem in our little inner-Sydney terrace house.
(Overflow short-term storage space is the boot of my car.)

The Stash CD also provides the following personnel and solo details for each tune:

Eddie Condon's Jazz Concert Orchestra     Associated Transcription session.
New York, June 8, 1944
Bobby Hackett (cnt) Billy Butterfield (tp) Hot Lips Page (tp,vcl) Benny
Morton (tb) Pee Wee Russell (cl) Ernie Caceres (bar,cl) Gene Schroeder (p)
Eddie Condon (g) Bob Haggart (b) Joe Grauso (d) Liza Morrow (vcl)

Band: Hackett/Russell/Caceres/Schroeder/Condon/Haggart/Grauso.
  Ballin' the Jack	solos: Schroeder, Hackett, Russell, Caceres.
  That's a plenty	Schroeder, Hackett, Caceres, Russell, Grauso.
  Cherry			Schroeder, Caceres, Hackett, Russell.
  Sweet Georgia Brown	Schroeder, Russell, Caceres, Grauso.

Band: Hackett/Butterfield?/Page/Russell?/Caceres/Schroeder/Condon/Haggart/Grauso.
  When my sugar walks down the street	  Page vocal, Schroeder, Page.

Band: Hackett/Butterfield?/Page/Morton/Russell/Caceres/Schroeder/Condon/Haggart/Grauso.
  Uncle Sam blues	Schroeder, Page, Page vocal (obligatos -1st chorus: Russell, 2nd chorus: Hackett or Butterfield (muted), 3rd chorus: Russell), Page trumpet.

Band: Hackett/Butterfield?/Russell?/Caceres/Schroeder/Condon/Haggart/Grauso.
  Someone to watch over me 				Hackett, Morrow vocal, Hackett, Caceres, Morrow.
  The one I love belongs to somebody else 		Morrow vocal, Schroeder, Caceres, Morrow.

There is no Caceres' solo clarinet.
Very kind regards,
Bill.