[Dixielandjazz] "The Immortal Eddie Condon"

Bruce Stangeland stangeland at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 31 15:48:11 PDT 2015

Does anyone have a lead sheet for "Uncle Sam Blues".

I'm not familiar with that tune

Thanks,
Bruce Stangeland
Berkeley banjoist

------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2015 12:20:47 +0100
From: "Gerard Bielderman"<gerard.bielderman at telfort.nl>
To: "Marek Boym"<marekboym at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Dixielandjazz] "The Immortal Eddie Condon"

Marek, this is what I found in Tom Lord's Jazz Discography Online:

Eddie Condon's Jazz Concert Orchestra     Associated Transcription
session,
New York, June 8, 1944
Bobby Hackett (cnt) Billy Butterfield (tp) Hot Lips Page (tp,vcl) Benny
Morton (tb) Pee Wee Russell (cl) Ernie Caceres (bar,cl) Gene Schroeder (p)
Eddie Condon (g) Bob Haggart (b) Joe Grauso (d) Liza Morrow (vcl)

zz3905-1    Ballin' the Jack
zz3905-2    That's a plenty
zz3906-1    Cherry
zz3906-1    Sweet Georgia Brown
zz3906-4    When my sugar walks down the street (HLP vcl)

zz3907-1    Uncle Sam blues (HLP vcl) <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

zz3907-2    Someone to watch over me (LM vcl)
zz3907-3    The one I love belongs to somebody else (LM vcl)

Trust this is what you are looking for.
Gerard Bielderman