[Dixielandjazz] Reply in haste, repent in leisure

Keith Garner ckg at talktalk.net
Sat Nov 14 16:06:19 PST 2015

Hi All

On 14/11/2015 09:17, Steve Voce wrote:
> Modern methods of communication are so fast that they frequently provoke replies from writers that fail because of a lack of time to ponder. I have myself regretted several instant replies in this manner.

Although I haven't personally experienced the regrets that Steve refers
to, I remember talking about DJML with a well-known English musician I
was playing  with - I won't name him because he might even now be
lurking! He had actually left the list because  of the times he had got
in late at night after a gig, looked at the latest mails and dashed off
an immediate and intemperate reply, only to cringe at what he'd written
when he woke up the next morning. He felt leaving the list was the only
safe way of preventing this happening.

Regards
Keith Garner