[Dixielandjazz] Visiting musicians

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 05:15:17 PST 2015

Charlie was nevertheless right, Jim.
So many New Orleans musicians who, to be generous, were of moderate
ability, while Jabbo Smith, still at the height of his  powers, was sadly
neglected.
As to being helped to the stool - in 1977 Cootie Williams was younger than
I am now, and he had to be literally lifted to the stage and seated on his
chair.  Played great, though.
Cheers