[Dixielandjazz] Support live jazz

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 14:18:48 PST 2015

My friend Donna writes:
 Amazing Peach at Bar Kayma *tomorrow afternoon*.  Really sorry I can't
make it (unfortunately, neither can I; I have not yet heard it).
The band is dedicated to the preservation of Django Reinhardt's legacy.
I saw them at the Piano Bar in Jaffa last Friday night, where the acoustics
and amplification aren't great, but the music is good.  Can't miss with the
brilliant violinist Omer Ashano, and his swinging cohorts, Amir Gad and
Jonathan Santo on gutiar and Amit Geller on double bass (and chocolate).
They entitled one of their original compositions Chocolate Truffle since
they had just eaten some handmade by their bassist while working on it, I
wouldn't be surprized if the band name came from a similar source, though
it reminded me of Roald Dahl's *James and the Giant Peach*.  A guest
vocalist came on for a few swinging standards.  I think her name was Nurit,
but I didn't quite catch it.  The audience was auite young. Noisy, but
enthusiastic.
Divano Swing was great last Thursday night, but started playing at nearly
midnight!  Guitarists Dror and Itamar are right in the Django groove and
really have a good time playing.  Alex is rhythmic singer who complements
the music and adds drive.  The rest of the band was also fine and swinging
and Eli Preminger on trumpet and a young New Orleans style clarinetist
added some spice!
Sorry I couldn't make either of those gigs.
There are two more I'm going to miss this weekend.  C'est la vie!
Cheers