[Dixielandjazz] "Joe Avery's Tune" & "Victory Walk"

Jim O'Briant jobriant at garlic.com
Sun May 24 16:38:14 PDT 2015

Let's test the historical resources here again. You all always seem to come
thru with good info.

A friend & banjoist told me today that he had been told by someone else that
the tune we know as "Joe Avery's Tune" (or "Joe Avery's Blues") was based on
another tune called "Victory March." In searching online, I find references
to "Joe Avery's Tune, a/k/a Victory Walk."

Can anyone tell us the history of "Victory Walk?" Is it a published tune?
Who wrote it? And what other pertinent info is there about this tune?

Thanks in advance,

Jim O'Briant
Gilroy, CA
Tuba & Leader, The Zinfandel Stompers Vintage Jazz Band