[Dixielandjazz] Looking for "best of Turk" tracks

Charles Suhor csuhor at zebra.net
Mon May 4 11:34:16 PDT 2015

Thanks. I listened, and found the composition and the rendering of it to be admirably "together." I see what Jim was saying about the distinctiveness--and inimitability of Turk's highly personalized, slightly gravely tone. Several listmates have written that it was Turk's bands, more than his solos, that appealed to them. I'll respond that, strictly as a matter of taste, to me the Left Coast revivalist bands didn't swing like the Dixieland groups of the time or the foundational players who invented the music.

Charlie