[Dixielandjazz] Support live jazz

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 15:55:50 PDT 2015

Last Saturday night, against my better judgement (perhaps I haven't any), I
went to Kaymak to hear Eli and the Chocolate Factory with guest Merton Cahm
on soprano replaceing the trpmbonist Amnon Ben Artzi who couldn't make it.
Eli just returned from a Klezmer festival in Russia.
I met some frinds there, and we had very good time.  At first the usually
bubbling place seemed empty, and I thought that most people went to belated
Purim parties, but after a while  a sizable crowd gathered outdoors -
apparently all smokers who cold not sit inside.  Not that it mattered all
that much - I could smell the smoke from I was sitting, not to far from the
door.
Music was good, beer was good - they only serve vegetarian food there, but
have the Jerusalem microbrewery Shapira brews.  This time they had Jack's
Winter Ale, brewed with chips from Jack Daniels barrels, potent and tasty,
Tonight I went to the monthly guitar get together, and met some frinds
there.  The place is a brewing gar with some excellent beer.  There were
six guitarists, one singing ukelele player, a clarinettinst and a harmonica
player.  I enjoyed the music very much indded, perhaps due to the variety
created by the wind instruments.
My friend Donna sat in for some numbers with the Chocolate FActory, and
participated in tonight's jam session.
Two very enjoyable evenings.
Cheers