[Dixielandjazz] Clark Terry at Montreaux 1977-- 14 minute video

Norman Vickers NVickers1 at cox.net
Fri Mar 6 06:00:07 PST 2015

To: DJML;  Musicians and Jazzfans

From:  Norman Vickers, Jazz Society of Pensacola

I follow several blogs, including Doug Ramsey’s Rifftides blog on Arts
Journal.    His column entitled “ Still thinking of CT” features a 14 minute
video from 1977  Montreaux Festival.  See the line-up of stars on stage with
Clark Terry.

Camera work and sound are good quality.  What a wonderful line-up of jazz
greats by impresario Norman Granz!   I wanted to share this with you.  I’ve
given two links to same site.  Surely at least  one of these will work for
you.

http://www.artsjournal.com/rifftides/

http://www.artsjournal.com/rifftides/2015/03/still-thinking-of-ct.html?utm_s
ource=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Rifftides+%28Rifftides
%29

Here’s the line-up and quote from Ramsey’s blog:

Many of the performances were also videotaped. Here’s CT playing flugelhorn
with Oscar Peterson, piano; Milt Jackson, vibes; Ronnie Scott, tenor
saxophone; Joe Pass, guitar; Niels Henning Ørsted-Pederson, bass; and Bobby
Durham, drums. The piece is Luis Bonfa’s “Samba de Orfeu.”

Personal reference:  I have reviewed Tad Hershorn’s book about Norman Granz
on the Jazz Society of Pensacola’s website.  The book is entitled:  Norman
Granz: The Man Who Used Jazz for Justice.

See: www.jazzpensacola.com    click News/ then Reviews on the drop down menu
on home page of the website.

Here’s a direct link to the review:
http://jazzpensacola.com/2011/11/book-review-norman-granz-the-man-who-used-j