[Dixielandjazz] Of "pretty" blues

Ken Gates kwg915 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 06:59:25 PST 2015

While listening to a tape I made from a radio broadcast back in the 80s,
the tune "Oh My Babe Blues" was heard.  A very pretty melody methinks.
Which brings up the category of "Pretty Blues".  While I agree that the
main reason to enjoy music is to listen well and not spend intellectual
energy on classification, my mind did wander to placing this melody
high on my list of "pretty" blues.  Another would be "Tishomingo Blues".

Anyone else have a sub-category of "pretty" within the realm of blues
and jazz?

Ken Gates