[Dixielandjazz] Lucky buggers

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 15:24:14 PDT 2015

Aren't we lucky to have good jazz programmes!
Last night's saxophone featured a whole hour of what they called
"Dixieland."  The programme opened with a 7 minute number by REd Allen Red
Allen, followe by Jack Teagarden, David Oswald, Peter Eclund (if I remember
properly), Louis Armstrong playing "Yellow Dog Blues" (I believe the
Satchmo Plays W.C. Handy version) it could hardly go wrong!  One snag -
Armstrong was followed by Woody Allen's band.  True, Allen  sounded
passionate, but hardly in the same league!
A fortnight before there was a whole CD of Bill Coleman.  Wonderful!
Cheers