[Dixielandjazz] Bechet-Spanier

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 01:49:27 PDT 2015

On 16 June 2015 at 02:39, ROBERT R. CALDER <serapion at btinternet.com> wrote:

> One of the first two jazz LPs I bought was labelled Bechet-Spanier but was
> actually filled out with tracks by a Rex Stewart band also from HRS.

And some great music, too!  And better value for money than the short
Italian LP.

> I also have a CD of the same music on a CD labelled Lionel Hampton etc.,
> if anybody's really into the final details of non-compact discography
> including the mislabelling.

This reminds me of an LP with the title  Sidney Bechet Meets Lionel
Hampton.  They are both there, but not together - side 1 is Bechet, side 2
- Hampton.  And the compilers seem to have made a specia leffort to collect
some of the least interesting Bechet work!

> The paperwork in the box said it was Lionel Hampton and that the other CD
> was Bechet-Spanier.
> The other one is, too.
>
> Given Marek's consuming interest I might mention that his mail arrived
> here on what was officially British Beer Day.
>

>From my visits to the UK I have inferred that everyday is a British Beer
Day!

> (Pray do not recoil from this warm reference, revered antipodean Haesler
> -- ice cold in Oz),

Cheers