[Dixielandjazz] I seem to have accidentally bought a jazz club ...

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Wed Jun 3 16:10:25 PDT 2015

Dear Gary,
Congratulations.
I am sure you did not rush headlong into it and have a proper business plan.
And the finance to back it up.
You are also doing something that you want to do. Own a jazz club.
Forget the DJML naysayers.
I know they mean well.
If I had taken notice of detractor mates I would not have retired nearly 20 years later from a successful commercial/industrial architectural partnership.
The Galapagos Duck jazz band here in Sydney did what you are doing and opened The Basement jazz club (1973-88) at Circular Quay.
The band is still working and the club is still operating, albeit neither under original management.
I wish you every success.
Bill, a full-glass person.