[Dixielandjazz] Fwd: Happy Birthday Jon Faddis

Roger Wade rwade1947 at comcast.net
Fri Jul 24 06:09:14 PDT 2015

The late Chicago trombonist Jim Beebe, a frequent contributor to this list in its early years, shared a personal experience about a time when Miles Davis was the guest artist with Bob Scobey’s Frisco Jazz Band and Jim had a chance to speak with Miles about this very subject.  The main thrust of the piece was about the critic, Leonard Feather, but the Miles Davis/Bob Scobey vignette is in the body of the story.  Here is a link:

http://leeharrismusic.net/leonard_feather.htm

Roger Wade
Really Old Records