[Dixielandjazz] Armenia

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Fri Jul 10 04:08:18 PDT 2015

My wife & I were recently guests of Ernst & Young (large U.S. company) in
Yerevan, Armenia.  Over the last couple of years, all Armenian related
employees have had several days in Armenia & this year they invited
relatives, also.  Our son works for E & Y, therefore the invite, due to the
100th anniversary of the 1915 massacres.

We travelled all over the country, at one point being within 4 kilometers
from the Iranian border, and also very close to Turkey.  We flew from Madrid
to Yerevan changing planes in Moscow.  A real adventure. Amazing, green
mountains, Mount Ararat covered in snow, churches & monasteries (still
occupied) older than one can believe!  Absolutely nothing is put on their
crops, so the fruit & vegetables are just wonderful.  They have large plates
of fresh herbs on the table & people grab whole bunches & eat them between
courses.  And, the food....., not to mention the brandy!    :>

One of the evenings was a cocktail party for E & Y clients, and there was an
amazing trumpet/flugelhorn player by the name of Yervand Margaryan.  We
traded emails, and he sent me the following links, which I am sure...even
though it is not necessarily "our style", you will all enjoy.  There are
lots of videos by his band "Com Alma".

Beautiful tone, and so very much in tune!  Great.  Really nice to hear that
there is so much jazz being played the world over.

Jim Kashishian

________________________________

From: ervandjazz at yahoo.com [mailto:ervandjazz at yahoo.com]

I am also sending You some videos of our band "Com Alma" which I created
with my piano player wife Nara Arakelyan.

http://youtu.be/rNZYHGPsKkY
http://youtu.be/96fK46M7Y1M

It was very nice to meet You. It would be very nice if we play together one
day!

Best Regards,
Yervand Margaryan

п·я-п©я-п│п│п│п│п+п+ я│ iPhone