[Dixielandjazz] Husk O'Hare's Super Orchestra of Chicago

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Thu Jan 29 12:08:50 PST 2015

Further to his query regarding the musical lineup for the Husk O'Hare recordings of "Boo Hoo Hoo", "Tiger Rag" and "San" and my reply "...I hear the same individual band/musicians...Particularly, the clarinet player ."
Marek Boym wrote:

> Still sounds different to me. The clarinet player may be the same, but does it prove it's the same line-up?

Dear Marek,
Then we will have to agree to disagree.
<big grin>
There is no other proof available that I know of.
I also hear the same drummer, brass bass, sax and trumpet player on the three tunes.
(I have the well remastered Timeless CD reissue RTR 1-080)
When bands went all the way to the Gennett studios in Richmond, Indiana, it was usually as a group as there were no resident musicians available.
To paraphrase the proverb, "It is in the 'ear' of the beholder."
Other listmates may wish to comment:

Boo Hoo Hoo
http://redmp3.ru/6176916/husk-o-hare-s-super-orchestra-of-chicago-boo-hoo-hoo.html

Tiger Rag