[Dixielandjazz] Song snippet requests

William ♫Sharp A1tradtrmpt at att.net
Wed Jan 14 07:57:48 PST 2015

A library has hired our group to do a trad jazz concert in May, and the library M.C. has requested a bit of information for just a portion of the songs we are playing. As an M.C.,  I guess he doesn’t have enough jokes, so he’s stuck with having to supply some factual information...

I would like like to take advantage of the expertise of the DJML folks who know about these things and see if perhaps you could please supply me with just a small amount of information regarding the following tunes - - just enough info so that the fellow doesn’t talk longer than the band plays, say for a minute or two of introduction to the tunes.

(You know, the kind of snippets that band leaders often say about tunes just before the band plays them….)

1919 Rag
Mecca Flat Blues
Just a Little While to Stay Here
Boogalusa Strut