[Dixielandjazz] Sammy Price

woodlanders woodlanders at free.fr
Wed Jan 14 07:10:49 PST 2015

I have the same LP issued under another name, and I also have the CD reissue : Good Paree - Jazz in Paris 108 - 984 602-2 - Gitanes Jazz Productions
The original recordings were probably made in January 1956, and issued as a 10" Club Français du Disque LP63.
The line-up you list is spot on. The first track is called "blues des chaussures neuves" which trnasltes into "new shoes blues".
On the CD reissue, there are also 6 trio tracks, featuring Sammy Price with Georges Hadjo on bass and Kenny Clarke on drums.
You might also want to check another CD reissue : Sammy Price featuring Emmett Berry on the Americans Swinging in Paris serie (7243 539650 2), also recorded in 1956 with Emmett Berry, Guy Laffite, Pops Foster and Freddie Moore on the first 4 tracks.