[Dixielandjazz] Good music + fun, George Probert + FH5+2

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 11:12:39 PST 2015

And, when that band's name comes up so does the argument about the
> "entertainment" side of that band.  I bought gobs of their albums when I
> was
> a teenager, and saw them live in a tiny club in Los Angeles even.
>
> I think the poor FHF+2 suffered too much condemnation for their
> entertaining
> & the costumes & sirens.

Costumes - not so much, as those were not visible on the radio or the
recordings.  But the non-musical noises, which arguably might have added to
the fun in person, were just that - non-musical noises - on records.  I
still remember a three minute Kissing Blues with some half an hour kissing
sonds (it sounded at least that long), and other recordings where well
played music was disturbed and disrupted by varioun extra-musical,
unswinging sounds.  Sure, those were interspersed with some excellent
tracks, but one could not just skip on those old LPs.
Cheers