[Dixielandjazz] Excuses

Randy Fendrick jfendrick at bak.rr.com
Sun Feb 15 10:04:35 PST 2015

I was thinking about excuses that people use for being late or not showing up to a gig. I realize that in some areas that is the death knell for their careers but in others, particularly for highly musical players, that is sometimes overlooked, at least until the contractors figure it out.  There used to be a local trumpet player who accepted every gig anyone ever called him for, but he would sometimes play only part of the gig and leave or else would send a sub to play the lessor paying or desirable gig.  That type of thing.  When this guy died the first row was reserved for his ex-wives, the second ex-girl friends, and the third his subs, really an amazing guy.  What kinds of excuses have you heard or for that matter used? =-)!

later

Randy Fendrick