[Dixielandjazz] Seeking advice-- computer soft ware for converting LPs to CD

John Blegen jcblegen at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 15:00:17 PST 2015

Well, yes, there is a free lunch in this case.  As someone posted before,
it's called "Audacity" and it's free and has versions for most platforms
including Mac and PC.  And it really is like a free lunch because it's not
ideal: you have to split the tracks yourself, and noise elimination takes
some tinkering.  But it's a very solid recording program and can be used in
a variety of ways.  I've converted both vinyl and cassette recordings to
digital this way, and I've been very pleased with it.  You can download
Audacity here:

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

John Blegen, clarinet
Kansas City, MO