[Dixielandjazz] Support live jazz

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Fri Dec 25 15:53:05 PST 2015

Thursday night, a friend and I went to hear the New Orleans Function at the
Piano Bar in Jaffa.  Pity nobody else from our jazz showed up, even though
some said they would.  Even so, the place (smallish) was full to capacity.
The audience was mostly young. Not really a jazz audience, so it hardly
applauded  each solo, but seemed quite enthusiastic at the end of each
number.  This time Eli Preminger was back, and it enhanced the
performance.  The band played only standards, mostly warhorses, but did so
with swing an gusto.  A very enjoyable evening, despite the not too great
acoustics.  At least the place features live music and provides a stage for
jazz performances.
Last night, my friend Donna went to hear Eli and the Chocolate factory  In
a private house refitted as a very informal performance space.  She and
another guitarist sat in for a few numbers.  She said it was great fun.
Unfortunately, I could not attend.
Cheers