[Dixielandjazz] Support live jazz

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 11:40:01 PST 2015

Last Friday I went to hear the Isradixie Band, featuring the singer Ray
Brown Jr., the adopted son of the bassist Ray Brown.  The band was hot and
swinging as usual, despite two subs: the trombonist and the drummer.  The
leader Avraham Felder (trumpet) and the two octogenarian reedmen - Jacues
Sany (soprano) and Merton Cahm (clarinet and tenor sax) excelled as usual.
Paul Moore served his usual cocktail of swinging rhythm and entertainment,
and Mr. Brown proved to be a pretty good singer.
The show was sold out, and there was another show starting 11PM (I didn't
stay).  Most unfortunate that only one of my jazz friends turned up.
Cheers