[Dixielandjazz] Confederate monuments

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Wed Dec 23 12:22:23 PST 2015

Dear Listmates,
This news item from OffBeat Magazine in New Orleans is interesting to we non-Americans.

http://www.offbeat.com/news/lawsuit-filed-halt-removal-confederate-monuments/?utm_source=WB+12+23+15+&utm_campaign=WB+12+23+15&utm_medium=email

It would seem that the 150-year old war is still not over.
Will the Louis Armstong statue and other jazz sculptures in NOLA be next?
<Just kidding>
A Happy Christmas and Best Wishes for 2016 to all DJMLers. from downunder.
We will be at the 70th Australian Jazz Convention in Ballarat, Victoria.
A six-day jazz event (26-31 December).
I was at the Third one in 1948 and have only missed 15.
Our mate, Dick Baker (he of the fabulous Stomp Off Record Tune Index) will also be there.
Dick and I have already connected, when he called into Sydney two weeks ago on his way to New Zealand.
Very kind regards,
Bill.