[Dixielandjazz] Kenny Davern - a bit of history?

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Mon Dec 7 15:55:56 PST 2015

>>>Elektra EK201-X,
In The Gloryland: Kenny Davern And His Salty Dogs.
Frank Laidlaw (c) Steve Knight (tb) Kenny Davern (cl) Carl Lunsford (bj) Arnold Hyman (b) Bob Thompson (d)
New York, June, 1958<<<

The one time I visited Carl Lunsford at his houseboat at Sausalito, he waxed nostalgic about his younger days chumming around with Kenny Davern.  Much of which I don't remember, but I do recall that some of it wouldn't be appropriate to repeat here. (!)