[Dixielandjazz] Chords

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Tue Dec 1 12:47:36 PST 2015

Dear Alain,
I also found the lead sheet and chords in the Anderson fakebook but, as usual, Phil Wilking beat me to it.

However, while on the subject (and for the record) the correct title for this tune is "Ev'rything Depends On You".
As shown on the original recordings by Earl Hines (Bluebird B-1103, recorded on December 2, 1940) and Mildred Bailey (Decca 3888, recorded on June 13, 1941).
It was written by Charles Carpenter, Louis Dunlap and Earl Hines. Who also wrote "You Can Depend On Me" in February 1932.
"Ev'rything Depends On You" was copyrighted as such on:
•November 18, 1935 and published by Harms Inc.. New York.
•June 26, 1941, arr. William Teague; orch. parts. [The Mildred Bailey recording?]
•December 27, 1944.

Two copyrights for the tune title "Everything Depends On You" were lodged at this time.
April 1, 1940 by Miss Henry Evelyn Scott, Chicago.
and
February 12, 1941 by Curtis Everett Smith, Chicago.

Kind regards,
Bill, the pedant from downunder.