[Dixielandjazz] Bach and OKOM?

Gmail_01 shoring.b at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 14:40:29 PDT 2015

I've often thought that J. S. Bach would have been a great jazz improvisers and would love trad jazz if he was alive now.

Long before I was even exposed to trad jazz, I was into Bach.  I studied piano before studying on a pipe organ and got to play some of the simpler Bach Preludes & Fugues.  Bad eyesight caused me to quit.  But I am a listener to many types of music and am grateful to have been exposed to trad jazz in my 20's.  I've often wondered what Bach's "Jig" Fugue would sound like played by a jazz band.  Thinking it would be fun..

Bob Shoring