[Dixielandjazz] Slim Gaillard

Charles Suhor csuhor at zebra.net
Thu Aug 20 11:23:23 PDT 2015

Sad. I’m glad I didn’t know about SG’s flaws. Just working from some of his recordings, we could hear him as a hip, witty m*********. Standing back, I think it’s useful to know about the downside of artists we admire (that includes Bix, Bird, Billie, and so many others) but important to carry with us the pleasure they provided.

Charlie