[Dixielandjazz] Kenny Ball band

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 03:26:41 PDT 2015

The BBC Jazz Club was one of the first jazz programmes I heard in Israel
(after the IDF Waves Jazz Club, at the time the only Israeli jazz
programme, and, of course, the VoA Jazz Hour).  At the time it was not
compered by Humph.  I cannot recall the name of the announcer - my English
at the time was next to nil - but I remember the Mick Mulligan Band as one
of BBC Jazz Club's the most often featured bands, probably the reason it
has remained a favourite of mine all these years.
I remember Humph from The Best of Jazz (he also published a book under this
title) - another favourite, but that was much later.  In later years Digby
Fairweather took it over, but the broadcast moved to an hour when I
couldn't listen, and I know it mainly from tapes a Scottish friend
(residing in England) sent me over the years.
Cheers