[Dixielandjazz] Soundies again: Thanks for Johnny Long--now who's this gal singer?

Dick Baker djml at dickbaker.org
Thu Aug 6 07:46:24 PDT 2015

My thanks and admiration to Charlie, Bill et al. for sussing out
Johnny Long and "Chop Sticks" so quickly--now I'm hoping you'll try
another for me.  Usually, when you know the tune title--in this case,
"(Back Home in) Indiana"--you can google on that title plus "soundie"
and come up with your answer, but doing that here just gets you to
Mel Torme and the Mel-Tones, who made a very well known soundie of
this song in 1945.  So in this case, I'm hoping somebody will
recognize the vocalist.  See

         http://dickbaker.org/indiana/

--
      Dick Baker