[Dixielandjazz] Another mystery soundie. Take -2

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Thu Aug 6 00:22:33 PDT 2015

Dear Dick,
While searching for that elusive Soundie, I also came across this item in a blog attached to a video of Johnny Young's famous 1940s hit of "In A Shanty In Old Shanty Town", made using the same set as your mystery film.

"Subject: Grampa's Old Band
I grew up listening to this song and hearing stories about life in the road with Johnny's orchestra. My grandfather was a drummer for Johnny Long and was proud to talk about it. His name is Floyd Sullivan. He passed away a few years ago but left us many photos and stories."
    https://archive.org/details/SoundieI

Which opened up more doors, including a long link to the Johnny Long orch's personnel in Billboard (November 1, 1947 page 40.)
Cheers,
Bill.