[Dixielandjazz] Tram - Clifford Brown

Paul Kurtz Jr phktrumpet at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 15:36:13 PDT 2015

We can all walk away and can walk away friends because WE ALL DO like the dixieland or we wouldn’t be here.

The problem for me is that in all of the argument, I’ve not gotten a definition from the naysayers as to what Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Clifford Brown, and others’ music is. You know, there’s classical music that I absolutely despise but that doesn’t mean it’s not classical music. It just means it’s not My TYPE of classical music. My buddy, now deceased, who liked big band music of the 40s and decided not to go farther forward didn’t say the newer music wasn’t jazz; he just didn’t like it.

I honestly don’t think, unfortunately, that I’m going to get an answer.

Paul Kurtz Jacksonville, FL