[Dixielandjazz] Tram - Clifford Brown

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 08:15:10 PDT 2015

On 28 April 2015 at 17:56, Steve Voce <stevevoce at virginmedia.com> wrote:

> So,Marek, you just scatter a random handful of insults around ( thank you
> for omitting my treasured Miles Davis) and hope to walk away.

I didn't realize that not playing jazz was an insult.  And as to walking
away - since this is a Dixieland Jazz list, I consider the whole thread off
topic.

> Fortunately for you, you have no trouble finding people to insult because
> your knowledge of jazz is so limited that you hate 95 per cent of its
> musicians.

You may say whatever you please, but my knowledge of jazz is quite
extensive, including, unfortunately, musicians who purported to play jazz.
I certainly hope not to need to hear them again!

> And of course you don't let your ignorance of what they do or how they
> play prevent you from being rude about them.

I did not realize that saying a person didn't play jazz was rude.  Unlike
attribution of ignorance.

> Your knowledge of jazz seems to be infantile (I hate to think of what
> these much-vaunted 'live' sessions that you are always going on about must
> be like). I feel that your knowledge of music in general must be juvenile.
> And I hate how you manage all the time to draw me in with your idiotic
> statements!

I do not draw you - you like to be "drawn!"  Conceit is not a great
intellectual advantage.  The sessions I attend are traditional jazz.  not
the kind which some people insist on calling jazz.

OK. Now, as far as I'm concerned, you CAN walk away.

Thank you fro being so kind!

Cheers