[Dixielandjazz] Old DJML memories

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Sun Sep 28 22:48:59 PDT 2014

Phil,

I remember those incorrectly printed badges.

It seems as it it was Bonnie Otto who made the mistake. But I could be wrong. It also seems as if she, or someone re did the badges correctly.

I remember the tee-shirts. Karen Quick I think designed the first ones and then later Bill Gunter did some.

There might be some DJML tee-shirts and other DJML goodies for sale at the DJML Islandnet site. My daughter-in-law designed some. I had intended to use any profit from the sale od DJML goodies to sponsor a youth musician to the STJS yearly Youth Jazz Camp. But not enough ever sold to even think about the scholarship. In fact, she did not even get enough money back to pay for the time she spent designing the logo and designing the web site.

Maybe she used Bill Gunter’s logo but I do know it took many hours setting up the DJML store. I haven’t looked there for several years so don’t know if it is still there. But I’ll take a look.

Seems hard to think that DJML has been going now over 19 years. Geez, we were all young whipper snappers when Peter started DJML. Now all the snappers gone out of our whippers. (grin)

-Bob Ringwald
DJML Moderator