[Dixielandjazz] Old DJML memories

pcrums pcrums at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 11:17:35 PDT 2014

Recently, Bob Ringwald said,"  The DJML was founded by Peter Lovric on
March 13, 1995.  Peter passed
 away on September 8, 1997" and Snogpitch said, "I was digging thru my
closet the other day and found my DJML polo shirt that has a date of 96 in
the artwork." This prompted me to dig through some of my archives for old
DJML material.

Back in the 1990's it was all the festival rage for the bands to hand out
to the audiences free badges with the band's name on them -advertising,
kind of.  Someone in the newly-formed DJML decided to have some badges made
to promote the list and I happen to have one of them.  It is a keepsake
because it is a *misprint* stating in large, red letters - DLML - instead
of DJML!  Anyone out there remember those badges?

As Ned Kelly said on the way to the gallows, "Such is life."

Phil Crumley

(Is this a great list, or what?)