[Dixielandjazz] Bix documentary 2h. Download problems

Ulf Jagfors ulf.jagfors at telia.com
Sun Sep 21 01:34:10 PDT 2014

Download problems
I have Windows 8.1. When I last year was checking Apps for Youtube
downloading I found a number of them. I finally chose "Youtube Fast
Downloader" and it works perfectly so far, no ads or any other fuzz. You
just past the URL, and chose what you want to download, the full video or
just the sound. Then chose preferred library and just click the Download
button. It download the video to the library in standard MP4 format. From
there you can convert it to DVD, MOV format with a large number of free
conversion programs. And it´s fast if you have a fast Net connection.

I also learnt from one Facebook lists that this particular video for some
unknown reason can only be downloaded on main computers (Windows is OK but
Mac?). I have tried my Samsung Note Android smartphone but it does not allow
any download. The same seems to be valid according to reports also for Ipads
(and iPhones?). Why there is this restriction I have not a clue. I have
never seen that before.

What I miss is subtitles for the name of the people that is interviewed. It
is sometimes hard to hear the names on this thirty year old recording. But
in spite of that it is a valuable film to document the life of a great
musician.

You will also find a large bunch of other Bix documentary programs and
recordings on Youtube.

Have fun from the first chilly 55F and rainy autumn day I Stockholm. Perhaps
we will play Autumn Leaves at tomorrow's weekly jam on Rest. Louis here in
down town Stockholm.

Ulf