[Dixielandjazz] FW: Shorty with a St. James twist

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Tue Sep 16 21:20:18 PDT 2014

Joe Carbery wrote regarding Trombone Shorty’s St. James Infirmary:

Yes, Steve, I'm surprised that nobody else picked up the Cab Calloway connection. It seems quite obvious, but perhaps most of the DJML people are too mouldy to have heard of (or heard) him!

Joe, you got to be kidding. Shorty does as much Cab Callaway in that song as the song itself and you think the DJML members didn’t pick up on it? Give me a break. Robert Calder already mentioned it so what else was there to say about it?

Some of us may be mouldy figgs but we aint stupid.

-Bob Ringwald