[Dixielandjazz] Moonlight Serenade

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Mon Sep 15 11:51:15 PDT 2014

I've just uploaded our version of "Moonlight Serenade" on YouTube:
http://youtu.be/zV5mKho75ZA

We are not actually playing, but it is our CD being played during the first
dance by my son & his new wife on the isle of Langeoog, Germany, where they
were recently wed.  We were there for their wedding a few weeks ago, along
with family & friends from all over the world.

Neil dedicated their first dance to me without letting on that it was my
trombone which was going to lead the way!  Then, the music came on, and it
was a wonderful surprise.  I was truly moved that he had chosen our music
for the dance.  The video ends too early, as I was pulled onto the dance
floor while filming as the ballad changes into "In The Mood", and everyone
was out on the floor then.

If you don't know where Langeoog is, get out your world map.  Lovely island
just below Denmark for German holiday makers.  We were the first
"foreigners" to set foot on the island, practically.  No cars, only bikes.
We rode to the wedding in all our finery on bikes!  There's a photo of me
(at 73!) riding with no hands.

Jim